Thursday, November 12, 2009

This Too Shall Pass

Yes, I may appear strong, fierce, and unyielding. People like me, however; are more susceptible to pain. We hide our weaknessess behind the sturdy visage we portray. We hide each and every pain to maintain that stark image we show. But has anyone asked us, asked me... am I ok?

I'm as vulnerable as any human being alive. I have not recovered from the emotional, mental, and physical stress I went through two weeks ago but still, I pretend as if nothing is wrong. Its as if the whole world is in place when in fact, its not. I try to compose myself for the people who depend on me. I try to not to get hurt, try not to be affected by words and actions. But as any human being alive, I also get hurt.

I'm like a bomb waiting to explode. I have emotions and thoughts that are waiting to be shared. But I know, sharing them would mean disaster.

I keep all these feelings to myself hoping that time will come where I will just forget all of these. But as the days pass and as that day arrives... my energy and motivation decreases.

I am being tested; my patience, endurance, strength, all of it. But I shall not fall victim to this sentiment.

Did you really think that I will write a melancholic blog as my first post? Oh no dear! No. I did not call myself fierce for nothing.

Yes, they may be questioning my efficiency, but I will show them that my charm has nothing to do with my excellence. That the results of my actions are caused by my perseverance and hard work.

Its what students do to a theorem in geometry class.

Prove.

0 comments:

Post a Comment